Within the Highland campus are numerous Centers of Excellence —Maternity Services, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Orthopedics, Geriatrics/Senior Care, and Trauma — which have outstanding reputations for providing quality care. The Centers are nationally known for their exceptional staff, state-of-the-art technology, premier teaching programs, and participation in late-breaking research.
Highland Hospital first opened its doors to the community in 1927, and today fulfills a number of unique roles in the community, including:
- Alameda County's major provider of acute family care
- Designated Trauma Center for northern Alameda County, staffed and equipped to respond to any major physical injury, at any hour of day, any day of the year, regardless of what insurance plan or HMO he/she may belong to
- Busiest Emergency Department in the county, with some 80,000 visits annually
- The only obstetric service in the city of Oakland available to all pregnant women in the county
- Comprehensive array of medical specialty clinics providing services from Allergy to Urology
Highland Hospital meets or exceeds California and Federal standards for acute care hospitals and is endorsed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Location and Phone:
1411 East 31st Street
Oakland, CA. 94602
[see map and directions]
Alameda Health System Locations