Our innovative and comprehensive diagnostic imaging services allow doctors to view organs or bones in screening for cancers, bone density loss, all orthopedic conditions, and a number of other medical conditions. We offer safe, state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment and techniques to ensure quick and accurate diagnosis for our patients.
Located on the 3rd floor of the Acute Care Tower.
The new DISC is a significant upgrade for AHS. It includes:
3 mammography rooms
1 tomography room
1 stereotactic room
At each work station images are available immediately and can be combined into 3D models to give providers a clearer picture of the health of the patient.
CT Scan Rooms
DISC contains 2 CT scan rooms that significantly expand AHS’s ability to develop high-resolution images for more effective diagnosis. The rooms offer both 32-slice and 64-slice scans. You may ask, what’s that 64 or 32-slice scan?
A 64-slice CT scan is a CT scanner that is able to take more than one image or slice at a time when the x-ray beam makes one complete rotation around you. A single slice or a non-multi-slice CT scanner takes only slice or image. A 64-slice CT scanner can take up to 64 slices or images in one rotation and a 34-slice scanner, 34 slices or images in one rotation. The 64-slice head scans can be completed in less than 180 seconds, versus one hour in the H building, gravely improving patient comfort and satisfaction!
A single slice or a non-multi-slice CT scanner takes only one slice or image as the X-ray beam makes a complete rotation around you. A 64 slice CT scanner can take up to 64 slices or images in one rotation.
Nuclear Imaging Suite
The nuclear imaging suite is self-contained within the DISC unit and includes an incredible, leading edge gamma camera.
The Ultrasound suite features 5 ultrasound rooms, 4 of which have private lavoratories to increase the comfort of patients that are asked to consume a lot of water prior to the ultrasound.
- Ultrasound - body, extremity, fetal, small parts
- Computed Tomography - brain, spine, chest, abdomen, plevis and extremity
- CT Angiography
- MRI - brain, spine, abdomen, pelvis and musculoskeletal
- MR Angiography
- Full Fluoroscopy Services including Hysterosalpingogram
- Thyroid Uptake and Ablation Treatment
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Thallium Cardiac Viability
- Bone Scan
- Parathyroid Scan
- V/Q Studies
- Tagged white blood cell
- Hepatobiliary Imaging
- Renal Scan
- Biopsy and Drainage Procedures
- Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration
- Breast Needle Localization
- Breast Ductogram
- Breast Fine Needle Aspiration and Biopsy
- Catheter Angiography, Angioplasty and Embolization Procedures
- Stenting: Biliary, Nephrostomy, Nephroureteral
- Vascular Access
- Ureteral Stent Placement
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube Placement
- Lumbar Puncture, Myelogram, Intrathecal Chemotherapy