Making HIV the priority, yet taking a holistic approach to treatment is what Alameda Health System’s HIV Program is known for. AHS has been a longtime leader in helping people with the disease, offering a full range of services to meet their needs. AHS was the first organization in the East Bay to open a clinic specifically for those with HIV/AIDS. Our goal is to help people live healthier and longer lives.
Our innovative program is nationally acclaimed and is a model for similar units around the country. Our hands-on approach to care allows one-on-one follow-ups with all patients when they are at risk of falling out of care. We also team up with specialists in other department to ensure the best care possible for our patients. For example, we often see pregnant patients in conjunction with their OB to ensure best chances for a HIV-negative baby. We are an experienced team of HIV specialists and infectious disease board certified clinics, case managers and counselors who put you in charge of your own health decisions and work with you and your family to keep you healthy.
Getting healthy with us means:
- Comprehensive HIV medical care, we act as the Primary Health Home for our patients
- Help getting your medications right for you
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) enrollment/ benefits troubleshooting
- HIV Testing and Counseling (Highland campus)
- Prevention with Positives
- Award-winning expert staff who have been in Alameda County since the early days of the AIDS epidemic
- Access to clinical trials of the newest HIV/AIDS medications
- Translation and legal services
- Social workers who can help with benefits, housing, food and transportation
- Culturally diverse staff
- Free health education classes for patients