At Highland Hospital, our neurology and neurosurgery specialists treat a wide range of diseases and conditions that affect the body’s system of nerves, including the brain.
The Neurosurgery Clinic at Highland Hospital provides evaluations, treatment planning, surgery and rehabilitation for conditions ranging from brain tumors to nerve disorders.
Among the services we provide are:
- Treatment of a broad spectrum of neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and neuromuscular disorders;
- Evaluation and management of Parkinson’s disease;
- Diagnosis and management of Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, and less common neurodegenerative conditions.
- Treatment of disease of the brain, spine and complications associated with peripheral nerves
- Treatment of traumatic injuries affecting the skull, spine or nerves
We employ cutting edge diagnostic expertise in a patient-centered environment. We have recently added neuropsychological testing. And our research program utilizes robotics and brain simulation for stroke rehabilitation.
We use minimally invasive surgery whenever possible for the treatment of spinal disorders like degenerative disc disease and herniated discs. This technique reduces the level of pain and recovery time for our patients.
Highland Hospital is designated a Level II Trauma Center and our Neurosurgery team has extensive experience in the management of diseases of the brain and spine related to traumatic origins. Our neurologists and neurosurgeons are available 24/7 to treat emergency cases.