Highland Hospital’s Department of Pediatrics offers comprehensive care for infants, children and adolescents. We strive to provide an accessible “Medical Home” to our families by offering a cohesive care team of physicians, nurses, clerks and support staff and making sure the visits are enjoyable and educational. All pediatricians are board certified and fluent in medical Spanish.
The Department of Pediatrics has a rich history of collaborative, academic relationships with medical facilities throughout the region.
Our services include:
- General pediatric care from birth to 18 years
- Chronic illness management – such as obesity and asthma
- Vaccinations and preventive medicine
- Well child and urgent ill child appointments
- Lactation support in our Baby Friendly Hospital
- Pediatric behavioral health and dermatology consultation
- Accessibility 24/7 via phone advice directly to our pediatric group when clinic is closed
We diagnose and treat childhood conditions such as arrhythmias, blood disorders, cystic fibrosis, childhood cancers, diabetes, dyslexia, infectious diseases, and complications of prematurity.
Our neonatal team is experienced in complex cases and our neonatal unit is equipped with the latest technology to provide care for critically ill newborns and premature infants.
Our pediatric specialists see patients during our clinic hours as well as treating hospitalized patients and in the emergency room.